I don't get it sometimes. I really don't. I know that there are bad things that happen in the world, at awards shows and hell even when people are getting married. But seriosly why do we have to concentrate so hard on all the nagative things.
Yeah...we have spent too much money on the war in Iraq...but Saddam Hussein isn't alive anymore and can't torture anymore families.
Yeah...sometimes circumstances surrounding a funeral or a wedding aren't ideal. But being there to support your family and friends is essential in creating a world of love, tolerance and acceptance.
Yeah...Kanye West acted like a dumb butt on TV when Taylor Swift won. But the hundreds of people in attendance didn't. See copy of article below if you don't know what I am talking about.
By now, we've all heard plenty about what Kanye West did Sunday night (Sept. 13). But what hasn't really been talked about enough is the audience response to Taylor Swift. It was beyond awesome. After West's little stunt, when Swift was trying gracefully to handle the situation, the crowd at the MTV Video Music Awards gave her a 20-second standing ovation (which looked like it may have started with Swift's fiddle player). It might have gone on even longer had the show not cut to a promotional video. With every clap, that audience seemed to be saying, "You go, girl. We have your back." And when that sweetheart Beyoncé brought Swift back out to the stage at the end of the night to try giving her acceptance speech again, the crowd gave her even more love. And it's important to note that Swift was not in Nashville, not at a country music awards show and not among her Music City peers. From what I could tell, she was one of the only country stars there. So she was out of her element at New York's Radio City Music Hall, and she was still embraced by the entire audience. I think that's very telling.
From this day forward I will try with everything I have to continue to look at the positive and not get caught up in the negative. I will try to keep an open mind and hopefully be there to support, help and assist anyone that needs it or asks for it. I truely believe that friends and family are irreplaceable and I have the best of both.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment