I have spent a lot of time lately looking at pictures taken on June 13, 2008. I can't believe how lucky we are to have a healthy boy in our lives. I barely remember the days before Aiden was born. But as I look back at all the pictures I have realized how many people came out to meet our little bundle of joy in the precious first hours. If I have never said it before thank you all.
Jimmy and I could not raise our son alone. We believe it takes an army to raise children these days and we couldn't ask for a better one than the family and friends that have helped us along the way. Not only are we blessed to have a wonderful, healthy little boy we are blessed to have amazing friends and family surround us with love and joy everyday.
I have to admit I was kid of anti big birthday parties b/c I thought that the party idea gets lost. That it becomes more about the guests and less about the kids. But recently (and I mean very recently) I have realized our birthday party celebrations are not just about celebrating the wonderful day our son was born but thanking each and everyone in attendance for there amazing love, support and help in raising our family. Each of you have taught us something and this year when you come to the birthday party for Barbara, Jimmy and Aiden I hope you remember that we are celebrating you and thanking you for everything you have given us. (That goes for those unable to make it as well)
Oh boy am I going to be an emotional mess in about 9-days....


No comments:
Post a Comment