We just got home from a GREAT vacation. One that really tested me on different levels.
First-We decided at the very last minute to join Barbara and Mando up in Big Bear Fri night, Sat and Sun morning. This might not seem much to a lot of people. But for me a last minute decision to do something this big was HUGE. I had a GREAT time. I really enjoyed the weather, the company, the food and of course the drinks!!!! Makes me realize how lucky I am to have in-laws that enjoy including us on their vacatoin.
Second - One the first night in Newport I dropped my camera in the toilet. OK....as you can tell I take a million pictures everywhere we go. I love capturing memories of us for Aiden. But I dropped the damn phone in the damn toilet and instead of moping around about it. I kept my mouth shut, told Jimmy in private and moved on. I was shocked i didn't dwell on it at all. Luckily Barb and Mando were there to capture memories for me.
Third - I spent 8 days with my In-Laws and not at one point did I wish they weren't with us. I thought for sure that at some point I would of wanted our vacation to be just us. But I realized that I enjoy being around people who love us. I enjoy watching Aiden interact with everyone. I enjoy making memories with people. At one point Jimmy told me that he wanted to introduce his dad to some stranger as his best friend. I thought that was super sweet. Especially since I consider his mom one of my best friends. I just feel like I can be me with her...and that she really cares about me and Jimmy and Aiden.
Jimmy and i might not be perfect and some of our goals are probably different than most of yours. We might not own a home or drive our dream cars....But we live a life that I dreamed about as a little girl. ONe full of love and integrity. I believe in us and I bellieve in our dreams.
Jimmy on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary I want you to know that I am EXTREMELY greatful for EVERYTHING you have given me. I am so PROUD of you and PROUD to say you are my husband, my rock and my foundation. Thanks for making my dreams come true. I love you with everythign I have.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You do have great in-laws & a beautful, happy life. Never take any of it for granted.
Wow, check you out.. I am sooo happy you are so happy!! You deserve all that life has to offer! Enjoy it, it goes by so fast!
Happy Anniversary!! Love you!!
By the way... it is me... Diana at work (just in case you forgot about me!! LOL!
You are so cute. Your post made me a little teary at the end. I agree with you. Monotary things are fleeting - someone will always have more than you do. But when you're truely loved and love in return no one can top that!
Post a Comment