Andrew is still sleeping real well and we are about to start more of a sleep schedule. This is the last week he is considered a newborn and mommy wants a happy baby at night. He might be starting to get teeth...we are seeling a lot of hand sucking and bubble blowing.
Aiden went to his first Nascar race with mommy and daddy and we enjoyed the experience. He also sand the alphabet the other day to Jimmy. he seems to reconize ABCDE and Y and numbers 1 - 5. The other night I asked him to help me get a lid for a container...told him I needed a large rectangle. He started going through the cabinet saying, circle, square and rectangle. Next week we are going to start a "chore" list. I know you migh think this is odd that I am writing about it but I want to make sure I have record of how old Aiden is when we start him doing chores so I can start Andrew at the same time.
I read something very interesting this week....it talked about comparing kids and/or giving them labels. I have found myself doing exactly that and I am going to make a point to stop. I don't want either of my kids to be held back b/c I labelled them. Aiden and Andrew have very different personalities and I am going to try to encourage them both to succeed in life by highlighting the greatness in their individuality.


No comments:
Post a Comment