For Aiden's 2nd Birthday we did the extra room into his Big Boy room. Jimmy spent almost 6 months painting Dr. Seuss characters on the wall, my aunt, cousin and mom bought us the bedding, pillows and other decor for my birthday and Christmas. As soon as it was done we moved all Aiden's toys out of the living room into the Dr. Seuss Big Boy room. It was ready...except it was missing something very important. Aiden and his clothes!!!!
So yesterday we decided to take all of Aiden's stuff out of the nursery and move it into the big boy room. We even took down our crib and returned it to Babies R Us. (It was recalled so now we get to get a new one for the new baby). Aiden helped us take down the crib and was all excited about his new room. Well that was until we got to Babies R Us. He told Jimmy and I "Buy me a new crib." We told him that he was too big for a crib and that we had a new bed all ready for him at home. It seemed to appease him at the time. So we had lunch and got home a around 1:30. Just in time for nap time.
We knew we would hear some tears but were not prepared for what Aiden had in store for us. After 40 minutes of screaming I went into his room and told him it was time to take a nap. He said "Mommy sleep with me." So I did exactly what I didn't want to do, I laid down with him. After 15 minutes he was out like a light. But as soon as I got off the bed he said "Mommy come back." I fibbed..I said "mommy has to use the restroom I will be right back." Then I went to lay down on my bed. So next thing I know here come Aiden walking down the hall..."Mommy where are you." Supernanny kicked in at this point and I picked him up put him in bed and said "It istime to take a nap." then I walked away. For over an hour he got out of his bed and I put him back in bed without saying anything. I was annoyed, frustrated, exhausted (Jimmy worked Midnight to 8am the night before so I didn't get much sleep.) and worse of all I was begging for Jimmy to go get Aiden's crib back. After 2 hours of a no napper I cancelled nap time.
After a nap debacle we decided to go visit my parents. Stayed a little later than we probably should ahve especially since I hadn't made dinner. We got home around 7, I made dinner and we ate, gave Adien a bath and had him ready for bed about 8. We put him in bed, gave him his milk, said our little prayer and then left the room. He cried...Jimmy and I stood in the hallway holding each other back from re-entering the room for a few minutes then went to the couch and waited. Aiden cried for less than 5 mintues and went to sleep. He slept all night and woke up around 6:45am.
I am still in shock and I don't expect today to be the same but I hope he sleeps all night again!!!!!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment