Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2

What a GREAT week. Even if it started off rough. Aiden had a double ear infection and was having some sort of allergic reaction that caused hives to break out all over his body. Luckily we got it all under control by Wednesday.

Grandma Geri and Grandpa Bob arrived this week to visit with us all. And we got a lot of time in with them. What a joy it was to see Grandpa Bob play with Aiden and Grandma Geri love on Baby Andrew.

Andrew had quite a few first this week too. His first trip to LJ's, first bottle feed, first trip to the park and we even had him out walking in his stroller for the first time. I also started pumping this week and found that it has helped increase my milk supply and decrease the amount of time a feeding takes. Andrew seems to be getting enough milk in 15-20 minutes instead of an hour!!!!

Andrew has slept from 7ish to midnight'ish for the past 4 nights and mommy is super excited about it. He seems to pretty much be on a schedule already. He is usually awake from 7am to 10ish and then pretty much sleeps all day and wakes up around 4 and stays up til bedtime at 7pm. It makes for a diffucult dinner time...but it is great to have him alert when Jimmy is home. At night he wakes up around midnight and about 3am. Otherwise he sleeps pretty soundly.

Aiden is doing great as a big brother. He has helped with a few diaper changes and earns a quarter everytime he takes the diaper to the trash. He is falling into our new routine pretty easily. This next week I want to work on getting both boys outside a little more. I feel bad that Aiden has been couped up so much. Now with the weather changing we are going to make more park trips and more time for walks.

Daddy seems to be adjusting well to both boys and is getting as much time as he can with both of them. Mommy is doing OK too....between laundry, dishes, getting someone dressed, taking care of someone bathroom needs or feeding somebody (or preparing a new meal) I need to remember to find some time for me. Somehow I feel like I get to take a shower more often than i did when Aiden was little. I think it is because I figure that babies cry and they will be OK for 15 minutes while I take a shower. hahaha.




a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjIjoRwkkf38tJQES8VcSemqIqxQDQxfdxrwlsweIkXHBUBMmcMd-0xXMqnWV22fkkLz9ooWLLvkt5jd8m1F6N1GePcZFTe0fFAMBon5Qffkk2ZmMEeHrYIOY0s8E0Xq509A889tFu2milf/s1600/IMG_2371.JPG">

No comments: