That being said. I am not that excited about how much money was spent on this event. I cannot believe that $150million was spent on this one 2 hour piece of history. I get it that it wasn't tax dollars and that it was private sector donations and all that, but for heaven's sake why not spend that $150 million on something that would better the condition of our country. I thought with the way the economy is right now people didn't have disposable income...I guess I was wrong. Why not donate $150million into the education of the future of this country or how about into better health care or hell why not help pay off the deficit. It just amazes me at how people don't think about throwing away money. Hell it is my opinion that we should never spend money on Inaugurations...people should donate their time and services to be part of these historical events.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Inauguration Frustration
Well first of all I want to say that I watched my very first Inauguration today. I even had Aiden in front of the TV to watch it. He last maybe 10-minutes and then was frustrated I wouldn't let him turn around. Although my first, second or third vote would not and wasn't for Obama I respect the fact that he is our 44th President and really enjoyed his speech. I liked the way he brought up history and how strong our country is. He made me feel as if we CAN and we WILL get out of the tough situation we are in. I was moved by how many people were at the Inauguration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
$150 MIL is a ton of money...but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the billions we are spending on the Iraq war which is a way bigger waste of tax payers (MY) money! Just some food for thought. =)
Or the billions to the banks that they still won't/can't tell us what they did with! We should keep all our money with credit unions.
I hear what you ladies are saying....but....I still think that no money should be spent on inaugurations...ever...If people want to be part of history they should donate their time and services.
Post a Comment