You know I was just thinking...what is that I didn't like about Obama? After his speech today I loved what he said...maybe not the tone...but hell my voice is annoying too!!!! I realized that I disliked his youth. That I was worried a young man couldn't make the changes that needed to be made. Then I realized I was being hypocritical.
I was the youngest Category Manager and F4L. I was never taken seriously. My ideas were squashed and my boss constantly told me I was on a soap box. He had been in the business for years and would tell me "That would be nice, but it's not the way it works." I couldn't figure out why they were afraid of change. Why they couldn't get past my age and listen to what I had to say. I never backed down..I hadn't been around long enough to be discouraged.
Then it hit me...Obama is the same way. He is YOUNG...He hasn't been around for a LONG time...He isn't irritated with the system...He BELIEVES in it. He believes we can change, he is willing to put up the fight for the change. I have to say that at 7:35pm on January 20th, 2008 I am content with the man that has been elected to run our country. I am proud the American People saw this before I did. Thank you voters for voting for change. I apologize I opened my eyes too late.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
America forgives you!
Post a Comment